· 1999.3-2003.3: Tongji University, Marine Geology, Ph.D.
· 1987.9-1990.3: Tongji University, Marine Geology, M.Sc
· 1979.9-1983.7: Nanjing University, Mineral deposit, B.Sc.
· 2004.10-, School of Ocean & Earth Science, Tongji University, Professor.
· 1998.05-2004.09: Geoscience Institute of Shengli Oilfield, Senior engineer, Geologist.
· 1994.07-1998.05: Geoscience Institute of Shengli Oilfield, Stratigraphic paleontology laboratory, Director.
· 1990.05-1994.06: Geoscience Institute of Shengli Oilfield, Dongchang Hui Exploration research department, Senior engineer.
· 1983.08-1987.08: Geoscience Institute of Shengli Oilfield Laboratory, Assistant engineer.
· 《Petroleum and natural gas geology》(undergraduate course)
· 《Organic matter sedimentology》《Advanced Petroleum Geology》(postgraduate course)
· 《Advances in petroleum and natural gas geology 》《sequence stratigraphy》(doctoral course)
Current students ：
· Master：Jiazong Du, Pei He, Qian Chao, Fei Liu, Yuanfeng Li, Lingcong Yuan.
· Doctor：Xiang Zeng, Bin Geng, Jinyi He, Hailun Wei, Pengyan Dou, Xui Li.
Former students ：
· Master：Luning Sui, Guanhua Xui, Wenqing, Ye, Xiaoping Feng, Xiaojun Zhu, Min Guo, Meng Xui, Yangdi Zheng, Jinqiao
· Zhang, Yue Zhao, Zhe Dong, Qisheng Zhou, Aobo Xie, Zeweng Chen, Xiu Li.
· Doctor：Longfei Lu, Jianping Yan, Fu Fan, Feng,Liu, Fei Ding, Yingli Li, Xiaojun Zhu.
· The organic-inorganic interaction, mechanism of hydrocarbon generation and the evaluation of hydrocarbon resources: the diversity of organic matter in the shale, the difference of the evolution of organic matter in occurrence states, the organic-inorganic interaction and the mechanism of hydrocarbon generation and expulsion, the exploration of the new method of evaluation of hydrocarbon resources.
· Organic matter and fine particle sedimentology: fine particle sedimentary characteristics and organic matter source and sink characteristics, organic matter and fine particle sedimentary process and mechanism and influencing factors, organic matter preservation mode and stability and carbon cycle
· The occurrence and accumulation mechanism of shale oil and gas: the characterization and analysis of shale pore and specific surface, the characteristics and separation of shale oil and gas in different occurrence states, the occurrence and mechanism of shale oil and gas, the process and mechanism of shale oil and gas accumulation, the countermeasures of shale oil and gas exploration and development.
· Organic-inorganic synergistic evolution of Paleogene source rocks and evaluation of its resource potential in Jiyang depression (2016ZX05006001-003)，2016.1-2018.12, The National ‘Thirteenth Five-Year’ Oil and Gas Special Project，396.84 million，Jingong Cai.
· Study on hydrocarbon occurrence characteristics of different types of shale in Dongying sag（P15117），SINOPEC，2015.1-2017.12，300 million，Jingong Cai.
· Study on the influence of organic matter in the process of smectite-illitization of shale（41672115）, Project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China，2017.1-2020.12, 88 million，Jingong Cai.
· Study on the characteristics and Separation of hydrocarbon with different occurrence in Shale (41372130)，Project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China，2014.1-2017.12，75 million，Jingong Cai.
· Study on the Source and Preservation Mechanism of various types of organic matter in sediments of the East China Sea（MG20170201），State key Laboratory of Marine Geology (Tongji University)， 2017.1-2018.12，40 million，Jingong Cai.
· Potential evaluation of oil and gas resources in the Yangtze depression: source rock and resource potential evaluation (ZX05027001-008)，The National 'Thirteenth Five-Year' Oil and Gas Special Project，2016.1-2018.12, 40 million，Jingong Cai.
· Yingli Li, Jingong Cai*, Xuejun Wang, Yunqing Hao, Qing Liu. Smectite-illitization difference of source rocks developed in saline and fresh water environments and its influence on hydrocarbon generation: A study from the Shahejie Formation, Dongying Depression, China. Marine and Petroleum Geology，2017 (80)：349-357.
· Yingli Li, Jingong Cai⁎, Mingshui Song, Junfeng Ji, and Yujin Bao. Influence of organic matter on smectite illitization: A comparison between red and dark mudstones from the Dongying Depression, China. American Mineralogist, 2016 （101）:134–145.
· Xiaojun Zhu，Jingong Cai⁎, Weixin Liu, Xiancai Lu. Occurrence of stable andmobile organicmatter in the clay-sized fraction of shale: Significance for petroleum geology and carbon cycle. International Journal of Coal Geology， 2016 (160–161) ：1–10.
· Xiaojun Zhu , Jingong Cai⁎, Guoqi Song, Junfeng Ji. Factors influencing the specific surface areas of argillaceous source rocks. Applied Clay Science ，2015(109–110) ：83–94.
· Yingli Li , Jingong Cai⁎, Guoqi Song , Junfeng Ji. DRIFT spectroscopic study of diagenetic organic–clay interactions in argillaceous source rocks. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy，2015 (148)：138–145.
· Zhang Yonggang, Cai Jingong, Xu Weiping, Wang Guiguo, Song Mingshui, Lu Longfei. Accumulation Mechanism of Organic matter in Mud Source Rocks. Beijing: Petroleum Industry Press,2007.
· Wang Xingxin, Wang Guili, Cai jingong, Bao yujin. Organo-clay complexes and oil and gas generation. Beijing: Petroleum industry press,2006.
· Cai Jingong. Organo-clay complexes in Mud sediments and mudstone. Beijing: science Press,2004.
· Wang Deping, Cai Jingong, Zheng herong (translationg). Analysis of sedimentary basins. Beijing: China University of Geosciences Press,1992.
· 2018-2021, Journal of Paleogeography, member of the editorial Committee
· 2016-2020, Oil and Gas Geology and Oil recovery, member of the editorial Committee
· 2017-2019, Member, academic Committee on Organic Geochemistry
· 2004, Sinopec first prize for scientific and technological progress
· 1996, PetroChina second prize for scientific and technological progress